Sunday, January 20, 2008

baby love

What a beautiful weekend it's been. We had a baby shower for Michelle, and I got to hang out with my two best friends (kid-free), drink mimosas, and look at tiny sweet baby things. Here are the gifts I made: Crib quilt. The squares are all from my stash. That gave me the warm fuzzies.
Wee bunny. Love those Hillary Lang patterns. This one required much less swearing/hair pulling than did Olive. And Sophie loved helping stuff him. Her favorite part was saying, "and a other one..." every time I handed her a bit of stuffing.


I so badly wanted to post pics of my new super-groovy Singer Genie (thanks mom!) and of the too-cute-to-be-legal handmade stuff Val bestowed on us for Christmas, but the camera batteries died. So those will come later, but until then, here is what's on the net that's got me inspired right now:


Val's beautiful matryoshka

I'm fantasizing about making one of these for me and one for Schnickelfritz

Mom got me excited about penny rugs...until the other day, I had never heard of them. This one is adorable and I want one just like it.

I love the colors in this felted bead bracelet. I read about how you can do this with needle felting around styrofoam balls. Must try this.

Right now I'm working on the Pleated Beauty Handbag from the Bend-the-Rules Sewing book. I wish I had been as clever as this about it. I adore everything about this bag.



My crafting is going in so many different directions right now that it's hard to get anything finished. I should probably try to focus on just one or two projects at a time, but there are so many beautiful things out there and right now I want to make them ALL.

2 comments:

valerie said...

your quilt truly is beautiful. i liked seeing all of your inspirations for future projects. thank you for choosing one of my creations as part of your list. you inspire me too.
i really like that felted jewelry. it reminded me of this blog post about a jewelry designer: http://ninainvorm.punt.nl/#444384
i think you'd like her work. well, it was wonderful and awesome to hang out with you, sophie, and dave this weekend. i can't wait til we can do it again. by the way, curtis loves his new book! he says thank you!

Unknown said...

Oooh, i love the bunny and the quilt turned out beautifully! Can't wait to see your other new singer in a background photo. sorry I couldn't stop by to help set it up today. not to worry, tho, I know it's easy as pie to do...at least as easy as the one you have there now. Maybe even more so.
Glad the shower went so well and that you girls had a good time. nothing quite like girlfriends and mimosas to pass a good time, shah!