Tuesday, January 8, 2008

good goods

Thought I'd post about a couple of handmade gifts I got for Christmas. My girl Michelle made me this winter scene fabric panel. Perfect for adorning a little side table. This was just a way to display it for a photo, but it made me realize a little curtain would be nice here on our music collection shelves. You know, to hide our shameful Soundgarten and Counting Crows collections. Mom made this apron. It has a potholder and towel loop in it. A TOWEL LOOP. Which may not sound like the greatest thing since french toast but it so IS. Sophie has a matching one. We just couldn't wrangle her long enough to pose with me. Check out the tulips in the background...my man loves me.
I also got the Everyday Food cookbook and this was the first recipe I made from it. I love this cookbook. When it comes to cookbooks, I relate to Alice: What's the use of a book without any pictures? Well, this book has a photo for every single recipe. And as usual with Martha, they are all exquisite. They even make iceberg with thousand island look good. Last night I made the baked shells with winter squash: Rosemary, acorn squash, bubbly Parmesan cheese, and tiny croutons on top. Yum. Can't wait to try more recipes from this baby.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute! Is the panel quilted? Where will you put it?
I'm glad you like the apron. The potholder is an experiment...I didn't and still know how it's working but I'm glad that the towel holder (which you requested) is!
The dinner looks scrumptious. Sorry I missed it!
I love you.
Mom

valerie said...

that picture of you in your apron with the flowers on your formica table and aqua 50's chair in the background is so cute! and i get to see a glimpse of your hardwood floors!!! how beautiful.
well, too bad i won't ever get to try that gourmet shells in parmesansquash sauce. that sounds too yummy.
can't wait to see you this weekend!