Thursday, October 4, 2007

finished at last

I put it on the bed at 9 last night. I nearly wept...it is as pretty as I imagined it would be, which is not a common occurence with my projects. All fabrics from Amy Butler's fabulous Belle collection. It started as a lap quilt kit, and I added to it to make it fit my queen sized bed. Hubby loves it...he promptly zonked out on it as soon as I got it on. I resisted the urge to bark, "No drooling on the quilt!" I'm thinking, matching pillow shams maybe? Shams have always been a little frou-frou for my taste, but this quilt deserves something more than our stained pillowcases, I think. I have been slaving over this quilt since February, so if I am a bit too pleased with myself here, forgive me.


In other news, Sophie and I have been reading this book:


and we are now obsessed with Olivia. I'm thinking of making her an Olivia pillow for her room. Seriously, I enjoy these books at least as much as she does...and that's saying a lot because she brings this one to me 3 times a day. The stories are so cute and the pictures make me laugh until I cry.



2 comments:

valerie said...

first of all, i adore your quilt. i'm quite jealous of it in fact. i agree it needs some special pillow cases. i think some of your embroidery would be pretty on them if you make some...

secondly, i love olivia too! in fact i've had olivia and the missing toy in my classroom for several years (given to me by a student named olivia). just yesterday i walked into my neighboring teacher's classroom and she has all of the olivia books displayed. the first person i thought of was sophie...

Unknown said...

Oooooh! I can see solid (or mostly solid) shams in maybe the darker green from the quilt, with a possible complimentary (dk mango?) straight, tailored, border. This is so beautiful! Absolutely worth all that time!