Sunday, September 30, 2007

long tall sophie



My dad brought over this little stepstool he built for Sophie last night, opening up endless ways for her to make the kitchen look like a war zone. She loves to wash her hands in the sink. Dave wants to put a guardrail on it. I think he was half kidding.
When I was a kid, washing dishes was one of my regular chores. I hated it with a passion then, but now I actually don't mind it so much, which is surprising, since I pretty much wash dishes all day long. Still, I felt a bit deceitful and Tom Sawyer-ish telling Sophie, "see, wahing dishes is big fun!" Our next stepstool project will be cookie baking with our giant new fall leaf cookie cutter.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow, she's actually washing a dish! I don't believe that you were that young when you got started yourself, though. you know you'll have to chain the stool down to keep her from dragging it to the sink and other various places where she could get into mischief without your supervision! Oh, Oh!
I love that!