Tuesday, October 16, 2007

soft as schnickelfritz's butt

I knit this hat for Sophie. I screwed it up the first time and ripped the whole thing out, so this was a do-over. I stopped short of what the pattern called for because I didn't want it to be tall and floppy. So it is too short to cover her ears, but it looks cute. Hey, who gets cold ears in central Texas, anyway? Her expression is due to the fact that she woke up about 5 minutes before this picture was snapped.
I went to the yarn store today and bought some more hat yarn:Rowan Cashsoft dk in this knockout teal color. Pretty, no? Now that I've discovered this brand, I don't think I can ever go back to the scratchy acrylic yarn(Dave would call it "Bo-Bo" yarn). Sophie's hat was knit with the All-Season's cotton and it felt so good to knit with. And this stuff is even softer...my hands are going to be very happy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE THAT!
It looks wonderful. How did you ever get her to keep it on for a photo? Does she not mind hats now? She sure seems to know her own mind about things. "I want to get down", indeed!
"Pa" nearly cried when I sent him two photos of her eating Nilla wafers in his chair yesterday. It's so good to have you both here.
Can't wait to see what you do with the new yarn!
love ya both.

valerie said...

you crafty mama bloggers never cease to amaze me with your constant creations. you are knitting/quilting/sewing/embroidering up a storm. i really wish i could keep up. i'm very inspired by your loving pieces of art. the pink soft hat is adorable on her. when will you bless us with photos of her coat???