Friday, October 19, 2007

baby it's cool outside

Here is Sophie's winter coat. I finished it 3 weeks ago, and Val has been harassing me about posting it. Thanks for caring, Val. She definitely could model it this morning; it's 48 degrees outside. (Wheeeeeee!) But I am too cozy here with my hands around my hot mug of coffee to even think of bringing her outside right now. The pattern is from the 60s.I found the cotton fabric with vintage-looking children on it at this great little fabric store I just discovered in town, (it's been there for years, I don't know how I missed it) and I couldn't resist making some buttons and a pocket dolly with it. The plaid fabric was a NIGHTMARE to work with. Fray city. But it turned out pretty cute. And it cost about twenty bucks to make.

I am giddy this morning. It is finally cool outside. Fall lasts about 5 minutes in this part of the country. But oh, it is good while it's here. And this present from my sweet husband has me dancing in the kitchen. And wanting to cook. We have stuff for Reuben sandwiches tonight...I'm thinking, maybe acorn squash soup to go with them?

Last night I was reading Coraline and I got so deliciously creeped out. I don't want this book to end. I am so psyched to see the movie, although movies based on books this good are almost always doomed to be disappointing. Anyone have any suggestions for other good scary books to read this month?



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see it on her! Did you give her hot cocoa and marshmallows when you came in from your walk? Bet you both had rosy cheeks!
It was soooo nice here too. I really miss "Pa's" warm body on these mornings. Good mornings for snuggling. His Fender should be delivered today if UPS gets it right and doesn't leave it out there for anyone driving down the road to pick up. I think he's more excited to come home to that than to me! (no, really!)
Wish we lived closer so I could walk with you.
Love you guys.

valerie said...

this itty bitty coat is too cute. is there any way we can blow up the pattern in big people size? i really want one. but i suppose it's only natural to want what we can't have. you'll have to post an action shot of her in the coat... oh, and a close up of the doll. am i being too demanding? thanks for finally posting a photo... i love it :)