Saturday, October 13, 2007

some terrific radiant humble pig

My craft books got here from amazon. It was like Christmas over here. Bend the Rules Sewing is amazing. I love everything about this book and have such good intentions to make a whole heap of projects out of it. I should mention that I have a somewhat severe craft book problem. I buy them with the best laid plans and they sit there on my shelf for years doing nothing but looking pretty(not to mention my nasty cookbook habit). I admit that the book on sock knitting may have a similar fate. But I will do my very best. I love the idea of cozy hand-knitted socks adorning my feet. I always think of the Pablo Neruda poem about socks where he calls his feet two colorful fish. I also got a Dean Martin CD and...squeal! Dean Martin is SUCH a dreamboat. Love those dead crooners. Here is one of the pillowcases I embroidered to honor the new quilt. I used the Kurt Halsey pattern from Sublime Stitching. I want to put the spiky yellow flowers on everything I own. Sophie went to her first big screen movie today! She did so good...she sat through the whole thing. It was Charlotte's Web, and I was so excited because I thought it was the old one, the one we love, but I couldn't be too disappointed that it was the newer one, because Sophie's excitement was so infectious. She kept saying, "pig!" (She has an inexplicable fascination with pigs right now.) Then we went to the playground and took a nature walk in the flower gardens downtown. It was one of those picture-perfect mother daughter days, the kind that makes it all worth it, makes you forget the times you feel like toddler shrieks are your life's soundtrack and the never ending mess in the house and mountains of laundry are going to swallow you whole. Tomorrow should be swell, too. We are going pumpkin picking! All three of us, followed by pumpkin carving, apple cider sipping, and It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown watching. I will try and get some good pics to post.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the pillowcase. Turned out fab. I, too, like the flowers and, yes, you should do some tea towels or hand-towels with them.
I miss you guys and can't wait til Monday. What are we doing?
Wish I could witness the pumkin-pickin'. Are you gonna carve jack-o-lanterns, and roast seeds?
I finally got my repo's of the Halloween cards printed just right and framed. Even hung the frame on the wall (over the speaker)in the den! Totally cool! Believe it! -xxxooo

valerie said...

that's the cutest pillowcase ever. i love the colors you chose... i'd be afraid to use it. my white pillowcases always begin to get dingy over time.
i wish i could join your pumpkin patch party. why is this the most exciting time of the year? yesterday was the first day it really felt like october to me. i can't wait to watch it's the great pumpkin.