Tuesday, December 25, 2007

comfy cozy are we

When I was a little girl, I hated Christmas night. It was such a letdown knowing that all the anticipation was over and I would have to wait a whole year. Now I think it's lovely. The house is quiet. I can reflect on the true meaning of the holiday. I can relax without feeling guilty that I'm not sewing. I can look at my pretty new books, like this one here, and wear my snuggly new bathrobe, and post on my poor neglected little blog. Our Christmas table was bedecked with this mushroom centerpiece from the December 2006 issue of Martha Stewart. The green tissue paper ones are candy favors. I had so much fun making this...I had forgotten how good life can be with glitter and a hot glue gun at Christmastime.
Merry Christmas to you and yours. God bless and keep you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't see Martha's centerpiece but I bet hers didn't top yours! The dinner was lovely and we so appreciate the gifts. Someone's tweaking his guitar to get it ready for his "wah-wah peddle, right now! It'll be a few, ahem, days before I can get into my new books, but I can't wait. And my new "Amy" pants...well I'll probably be wearing them tomorrow.
Thank you so much for sharing your Christmas with us. Wish we could've stayed a little longer but the trip to the in-laws was badly needed.
Happy Christmas and a blessed, quiet night. (You may want to spend the night on your kitchen floor to commemorate it's final night with you. Ha, just kidding!)
Love you guys.

valerie said...

i love this centerpiece... it's so pretty. call me soon because i can't wait to hear all about christmas day with sophie, your newly painted house, and your kitchen renovations!!! did you take before pictures???

i'm glad you all had a lovely christmas.

Jennifer Howard said...

I found my way here from a comment you left on my blog and wanted to say thank you! Your daughter looks like a sweetie and I you are so very talented! What a darling doll you made for her, I am sure Christmas was extra special because of that gift. My mother was an artist and growing up it was her hand made gifts I came to treasure most.
Please add me to your list (if you feel so inclined) and I will post a link to yours as well.
Happy New Year to you and your family.
In PEACE,
Jennifer aka Montessori Mama