Thursday, December 6, 2007

our christmas tree is on steroids

Remember when you were a little kid, and the tree always seemed gargantuan in proportion to yourself? That's how this tree makes me feel. I can just imagine how it seems to Sophie. It's been up for a week and she is still in awe of it. Frankly, so am I. In a good way. Hot chocolate by the tree. Life is so good.
After a day of blowup castle-jumping and Santa-visiting
I just realized this is turning into Sophie's blog. But what's a girl to do? It's not like I can go parading my Christmas crafts on here; the recipients might be lurking around. So humor me, please.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hurts my neck to look at the tree that way! That's alot of tree to be lookin' at, ya know? Well, yes, I guess you DO know. Ha!
I love Sophie in those cute little Nordic tights. I miss you.
I'm still working on the slippers and on the advent calendar. She'll have a heck of a time opening pockets when she first gets the calendar! Did you take out the Advent wreath?
I have more crafts in my head than in production and still so many things I want to do that I know I'll never get to.
Do you notice that testosterone seems to eat time? "Papere" may not be home before Saturday and I'm thinking that I may have an extra day of grace to get things done while he's away! I swear it's the testosterone that absorbs hours on end with nothing tangible to show for them. Days like today, with no testosterone around, I can actually see the results of my busy day. Am I just crazy? (Ok, I know that's an open door. Forget I asked!)

valerie said...

ooohhh... pretty tree. and surely smells delightful. i'm glad you guys are having marvelous christmas fun and i hope all is going well in the workshop. because of school and projects, i still haven't even started. although i have lots of plans and ideas... just like your mom. talk to you soon!