Friday, November 2, 2007


I had all these great intentions of posting about our Halloween, complete with lots of pictures. But alas, the blond in me(meaning some of that bleach has probably seeped into my scalp and got to my brain) won over and I forgot to put the &*%$#@^ memory card in my camera. so here is a link to mom's blog...SHE remembered her memory card, apparently.


I will say that our church's fall festival was a smashing success. Although the craft table wasn't as big a hit as I had envisioned, the kids all seemed to have big fun. We had apple bobbing, pin-the-face-on-the-pumpkin, a cupcake walk, and even a firepit outside where you could make your own s'mores. I sewed Sophie's costume way back in August, and as for my faerie outfit, I made record time...I ran into the Fun Shop, told the owner I was in frantic I-need-costume-now mode, and was back out, full costume in hand, in less than 5 minutes. Once I got rid of the guilt for spending 50 bucks and not making my own costume, I was pretty happy with my Cyndi Lauperesque faerie getup.

Sophie is now sleeping in her big-girl bed. We are still transforming her room;the bookshelf isn't up yet, so I will post pics when it's finished. She has been so thrilled about the whole thing, and so have , in some ways. But it's like any milestone, which I'm sure every mother understands. Half of me is excited for her, and the other half is going, "Wait! Bring my teeny tiny baby back!" I miss my little peanut, who seems to have been replaced by this independent, sometimes stubborn little ball of energy. but she is growing into such a lovely little person, and I get to see her unique personality develop, and that really is a gift.

2 comments:

valerie said...

i'm so sorry you didn't get your pictures. i can imagine how dissapointing that is. but thank goodness your mom rescued you. sophie makes a perfect dorothy... you did well by making her costume. i wouldn't feel guilty about not making yours. you already have so much going on. i love your costume too. your pink hair is cute and your arms look super toned. i guess it's from lifting your mini human weight. i'm glad the festival at church turned out fun! and i can't wait to see sophie's room! oh, and i can't believe stitch is next weekend!

Unknown said...

Next weekend?!! My, that came up quick! Need to bring Soph over to Mah & Pah's for the night? (Mah says, holding her breath.)
You definitely do need a weekend off, though I know you'll miss Soph. Oh, yes, and your neck and "toned" arms need a break too.
Val's right, your costume was worth every cent and you put it all together so quickly! WOMAN, you are getting SO GOOD at this Mama thing. (Your neck says you've gotten a little TOO good!)
I love the photo on the slide. If you want copies of the ones from halloween that I took, I will print them for you.