Monday, November 12, 2007

inspired



Wow. What an awesome weekend.Stitch Austin started out not quite as fabulous as I imagined. There was some cute stuff, and I bought a couple things, but nothing took my breath away. Then the runway show started. It was amazing. These designers have got it going on in a big way. A lot of the fashions seemed to be from thrifted and reconstructed clothing and materials, and I absolutely love that. I wish I were more fearless about cutting into thrifted things. I really need to get on the reconstruction train instead of paying 9 bucks a yard for every piece of fabric I own. My favorites were the retro outfits from House of Dang and the Alice in Wonderland inspired goodies from Coco Couture. But seriously, all of it was fantastic beyond words. I had dreams of fabric and scissors and thread that night. In case you can't tell, those are refrigerator magnets and a Christmas ornament...then we did a little shopping and lunching the next day. I feel refreshed and happy to be back to my daily routine. Maybe it's just me, but Sophie seems to have mellowed out a bit too since we got back from Mamere's. (Thanks, Mom.)Oh and I got another built by Wendy pattern. MUST BUY MORE FABRIC NOW.

2 comments:

valerie said...

your photo of your stitch purchases is cute... i had so much fun with you this weekend. we need more excuses like that to hang out, just the girls. i didn't get any dollhouse furniture. i exited too late and had to take the underpass and some guy rear-ended me. it was pretty startling, but all is okay (except my trunk won't close...) so afterwards, i decide to drive over to hobby lobby since i was right there... and well, it's closed on sundays!

Unknown said...

You're welcome! ANYTIME! I love having a girl's sleepover! We should do that more often when our schedules allow!
I'm so glad you guys had a good time.
C U tomorrow!