Friday, February 15, 2008

skirts for sophie

Sorry about the boring title; it's been so long since I've posted I've pretty much forgotten how to write. I did get around to making the twirly skirt that was on my list. It was so easy; I could see myself making several of these and just buying her some solid color tees to mix and match with them. We'll see, though, because my short attention span prevents me from ever making more than one of the same thing. Anywho, Erin's tutorial was so thorough...she kicks ole McCall's butt. I don't know what I would do without these online tutorials.
I've been drooling over vegbee's little jackets and other cute stuff over on Craftster for months, and then I discovered her blog. She's not wordy, but she makes some dangerously cute stuff. I love her little hippie-ish patchwork skirts and dresses. So when Mom brought over a Valentiney charm pack, I knew I had to try to make one. Sophie was so excited she kept rushing me: "You done making skirt, Mama?" every three and a half minutes.

It twirls, too.

I'm 100 percent caught up with the mail these days because I keep running to check if my Emmeline pattern is here yet. Please, Mr. Postman! Get a move on it already. What, is it coming from Mexico? Yeah, I guess it is, huh? It's just as well. I might just wait for the new Amy Butler collection make it with. Until then, I will busy myself with wee skirts.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooh, Ooooh, I love that! You are the skirt-making-mama superstar! Perhaps I'll give Erin's tutorial a go with the Chutes & Ladders charm pack now. Yours turned out so, so very perfect. You Rock!

Jennifer Howard said...

What adorable skirts! As a mom to only boys I am envious!
PEACE
Jennifer
aka Montessori Mama

plaidshoes said...

I wish I could get my daughter to wear twirly skirts! I love making them, but she is a complete tomboy!

valerie said...

wow, you've completed so many projects since christmas! the only thing i've done is clean my craft room... and it's messy again! sophie is as cute as a daisy in her homemade skirts... she's a natural model. i love those skirts and fabrics you chose. i'm envious of your eye for fabric combinations.

Clear Skies and Fair WInds said...

How do you find time to make all these wonderful crafts/skirts when you have a munchkin underfoot? When V was a baby I taught myself to sew and I was the wrap-around skirt diva of the 70's. When we moved from Fred I found that pattern but was not smart enough to pass it on to V.

Sorry I missed you at Trade Days. According to S you had just come by when I showed up. It was a good show and we did well for our first show and it being bad weather to boot. Hope to see you next month!