Friday, February 22, 2008

my february ten

Boy oh, boy, is this month ever dragging. So to make it go a little faster, I sat down to make like the ever-inspiring Amanda and think on some good things about this wet blanket of a month. And she's right--it does feel good.

1. My new stove. It's so pretty and sparkling white, with a self cleaning oven. The oven CLEANS ITSELF, people. And a flat range top to boot. And it heats evenly and makes some damn good peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.



2. The incredible feeling of accomplishment after knitting my first-ever sock. I started way back in November and ripped the thing out twice, but my persistence paid off. Four months ago I could not even have spelled "gusset" and now I have made one.



3. The wait is over...She finally loves dress up! Oh, my head is spinning with plans. Plans that involve lots of tulle and glitter and maybe even a sequin fanny pack. The fun is just beginning.
4. My new skirt. It's exactly like the one in the Midwest Modern book. Not too original of me, I know, but I wanted it as soon as I saw it. I can't tell you how much it means to me to have this skirt. Notice the shiny new kitchen floor...looks good with the skirt, huh?

5. The knittiing bag I finished this morining. I've been hoarding this owl fabric for months and I feel really good about this use for it. Can you see my sock? A little bit? I know, I'm such a tease.



6. The few warmish days we've had lately and the sweet promise of spring they bring with them.


7. Flowers...for no particular reason...from my sweet, gorgeous man.


8. Sophie, in her adorable little baby-bear voice: "I want to sew, Mama."


9. Cuddling up on the couch with said sweet, gorgeous man with season one of How I Met Your Mother and our new favorite--buttery salt & cracked black pepper popcorn.


10. The anticipation of a mini-vacation next month and a long-awaited weekend at my best friend's house.

So it turns out February does have some redeeming qualities after all. Who knew?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the idea of tulle in our girl's life, and I love the kitchen floor and range. BTW the quick pics I took show the floor and your skirt AND, of course, the little princess, for a post by me soon. Thanks for the afternoon AND the scrumptious dinner! What a grand day. G must've had a good time, too, cuz he crashed out about a half hour ago.
Cats were still out, so I know he was occupied with other things when I called to remind him. But I got all taken care of and everyone in. Glad you chased me off when you did!

valerie said...

i still can't get over how much use your sewing machine gets! i'm jealous of your motivation. the knitting bag is great! i love that owl fabric. i've been thinking about getting that amy butler fabric you used on the outside, but in red, to make pillows for my sofa. sophie looks adorable as always. i'm glad to know she likes playing dress up. i'll keep an eye out for anything fun... well, i hope we get something worked out for the visit!!! i'd be sooooo happy to have you guys here!